Teachers’ Day is celebrated on September 5 to honor Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan on his birth anniversary. Teacher’s Day is a special day for the appreciation of teachers. It may include celebrations honor them for their special contributions in a particular field area, or the community in general. The idea of celebrating Teachers’Day took root in many countries during the 19th century.
In most cases, they celebrate a local educator or an important milestone in education. The primary reason why countries celebrate this day on different dates.unlike many other international days. For example, Argentina has commemorated Domingo Faustino Sarmiento’s death on 11th Sept, since 1951.
In India, the birthday of the second president Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan (5th September) is also celebrated as teacher’s day since 1962. Many countries celebrate world teachers ‘ day established UNESCO in 1994, on 5th October as their teachers day.
Dates Teacher’s day celebrate By other country:
- Albania – 7th March
- Algeria – 28th February
- Argentina – 11th September
- Armenia – 5th October
- Bangladesh – 5th October
- Bhutan – 2nd May
- Brazil -15th October
- Canada – 5th October
- Chile – 16th October
- China -10th September
The Teacher’s oath is an oath taken in some countries by teachers. Since 1863 nearly two-thirds of the states have adopted loyalty oaths for teachers. The Massachusetts Teachers oath was a loyalty oath required to teach in Massachusetts from 1935-1967.
Teachers’ Day 2019: Here some Inspiring Quotes From Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan:
- Books how we build bridges between cultures. – Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
- Teachers should be the best minds in the country. – Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
- A life of joy and happiness is possible only based on knowledge and science. – Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan.
- True teachers are those who help us think for ourselves. – Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
- Man is a paradoxical being- the constant glory and scandal of this world. – Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
- Human life as we have it is only the raw material for human life as it might be. – Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
You also read more: UPSC Exam Syllabus, best books, Eligibility Criteria 2019